Pain is usually the body's way of telling you something is wrong. It can take any number of forms, including aching, tingling, shooting, burning, stabbing, prolonged and uncontrollable. Pain, when left untreated, can seriously affect the quality of life.
Pain is usually a side effect of another problem, such as headache, broken bones, cancer, pulled muscles, and many other ailments in between. Unrelieved pain can eventually lead to anxiety, depression or anger.
Pain can be caused by many things, including trauma, disease, swelling, broken bones, hunger, and some medications, among other things.
If pain keeps you awake, is prolonged, is extreme or cannot be relieved through common methods, seek medical attention.
- Echinacea this herb will help relieve pain during advanced stages of disease.
- Kava kava this herb helps you relax and relieves pain so you can sleep.
- Meadowsweet this herb is most useful for abdominal pains and joint pains.
- Turmeric this herb relieves inflammation and the pain often associated with it.
- Pau d'arco this herb is a natural analgesic and can help relieve pain.
- White willow this herb helps relieve pain like aspirin does, but without side effects.
- Feverfew this herb is often used to treat headaches and migraine pain. It is also used in many herbal pain relief blends.
- Ginger this herb can be used to relieve pain due to skin irritations.
- Skullcap this little herb can be used for headaches and labor contractions. Take 4 to 6 cups of infusion per day or 10 to 15 drops of tincture 4 to 6 times per day or as needed.
- Yucca this pain reliever is most commonly used for osteoporosis pain, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Cat's claw this anti-inflammatory, antiviral herb can relieve pain and improve the immune system.
- Poppy this herb is the source of morphine and opium. It can help relieve pain when used according to directions.
- California poppy this herb also can relieve pain when used properly.
- St. John's wort this herb is useful for nerve pain.
- Valerian this herb is good for back pain and muscle spasms. This herb is also a sedative, so it can help you get rest so you heal more effectively.
- Motherwort this herb is helpful for childbirth afterpains and other cramping pain. It is very effective for heart-related issues, and can help with palpitations.
- Fenugreek this herb can help with joint pain due to inflammation.
- Cayenne this herb can be added to cream or ointment to ease muscle or arthritis pain.
- Lavender use the essential oil of this herb to relieve pain due to headache, joint pain, rheumatism and burns. Mix a few drops in massage oil and rub it into the sore areas. This also works with rosemary and peppermint oil.
- Wintergreen apply the oil of wintergreen to the affected area to relieve back pain and other muscular aches.
- Camphor the oil of this herb helps to ease inflammation, bruises and joint pain.
- Eucalyptus use the oil of this herb for muscle tension, headache and minor aches and pains. The oil stimulates blood flow to the affected area.
Pain Herbal Remedies Top