An herbal detox is probably the most efficient way to cleanse the body of the poisons that we regularly ingest. Our bodies work on detoxifying themselves every day, but today our livers and kidneys are overwhelmed with all sorts of chemicals that make it difficult for them to do their jobs efficiently. Many are resorting to using herbs to help support their bodies during detoxification on their way to better health. Some people opt for a whole body detox, while others concentrate on one area at a time, like the colon, the liver, the kidneys or the lymph system. Detoxing single areas will help others in the long run. Detoxification will stimulate the organs that need to be cleansed.
Symptoms of over toxicity in the body may include kidney infections, bladder infections, kidney stones and a general feeling of malaise. It may make it difficult to heal from disease and even minor infections picked up from cuts and scrapes may take a very long time to heal properly. Discoloration of the skin may also point to a buildup in toxicity levels in the blood stream.
Many of the foods we eat are over processed and lack nutrition. People take many medications that harm the liver and kidneys, making it difficult for them to do their jobs. These situations contribute to general ill health and many diseases.
Use herbal detox with caution; you may want to consult your physician before beginning detoxification so they are aware and can watch for problems. There is nothing wrong with detoxification but don't overdo it. You don't want to go from one extreme to another; that just puts the body under even more stress. Taking things easy to start with will mean you are far more likely to see good results that last.
- Cascara this gentle laxative herb can be mixed with chia seeds and rhubarb. Add in a fiber source like psyllium husks. This combination will help cleanse the colon. Drink plenty of water when using psyllium. This fiber can be replaced with oat or rice bran, flax or pea fiber if you prefer.
- Dandelion this herb is very beneficial for the liver and the kidneys. It may be used in conjunction with other herbs that help cleanse the liver and produce bile.
- Burdock this is another very good herbal detox for the liver. It can be added to the diet or taken with other detoxifying herbs. Burdock is also helpful in cleansing the lymph system.
- Yellow dock this herb is very good for the liver. It cleanses the organ and the blood.
- Berberis this herb also stimulates bile. It may be used with other herbs that support the liver.
- Centaury this herb is another that works on the liver, helping it to produce sufficient quantities of bile to process toxins in the body.
- Milk thistle this herb is a natural detoxifier. It contains antioxidants and supports the system during detoxification.
- Turmeric this herb can be used to stimulate one pathway during detoxification.
- Parsley this herb is beneficial to the kidneys. It is a diuretic, so it helps promote fluid excretion.
- Buchu this herb is a diuretic. They help the kidneys excrete toxins through the urine.
- Hydrangea root using this herb can make it easier on the kidneys and help dissolve any stones that have formed.
- Yarrow a tea made from this herb may help dissolve kidney stones and help clear toxins from the kidneys.
- Birch a tea made from birch will help support the kidneys and detoxify them at the same time. It is also beneficial when stones are present.
- Chamomile this herb can help in the case of kidney stones. It helps relax the passage that stones must pass through.
- Red clover this herb can help support and cleanse the lymph system.
- Cleavers another herbal detox that is beneficial to the lymph system, this herb gently cleanses and supports during detoxification.
Herbal Detox Herbal Remedies Top