Amnesia includes partial or full memory loss. Some people recover their memories, others don't. Temporary memory loss is usually referred to as this condition. There are two different types of memory loss, anterograde and retrograde. A person with anterograde loss refers to some who cannot be trained for anything new. A person with retrograde loss completely forgets all events in the past. Loss caused by trauma can be of either type.
People with amnesia may have severe problems due to losing consciousness. They may find it difficult to remember current events as well as past events. Conversely, they may remember events from their childhood but can't recall anything since. Some people may only forget the events of their trauma, but remember everything else.
Amnesia is usually caused by some traumatic event, like an accident or a blow to the head. It may also be caused by taking certain sedatives. Some cases are caused by disease like Alzheimer's, which directly affects the brain, or because of poor brain circulation. A poor memory may also be exacerbated by a lack of stimulation. Some cases of amnesia are also psychologically based, caused by neurosis or anxiety.
Memory loss may accompany brain damage caused by the trauma suffered by the patient. No matter how mild or severe the amnesia, losing events in their memory may cause difficulties at work, school or at home.
- Rosemary taking rosemary tea may help improve the memory as well as support the entire body's systems. This tea can be taken as needed for forgetfulness.
- Holy basil a tea made from holy basil helps to maintain mental stability as well as improves the memory. The leaves can also be eaten fresh.
- Brahmi booti this supplement herb is a very good memory enhancer and supports the nervous system. Take this herb as directed on the label.
- Ashwagandha another herb that is easily found in health food stores, it helps to augment the memory. This herb is very helpful for memory loss.
- Walnut this proven memory booster is a good natural remedy for loss of memory. Eating walnuts on a regular basis will help recover memories.
- Almond this nut is also a valuable remedy. They enhance the memory and help improve brain function. To make your own almond butter, soak them overnight, then grind them into a paste after peeling the brown skin from the nuts. Eat in the morning. Almonds will keep the amnesiac relaxed and help the brain. Inhaling almond oil is also beneficial.
- Cumin mixed with two teaspoons of honey, three grams of black cumin can be taken daily. It helps with dullness of the memory.
- Black pepper mix five finely ground black pepper seeds with a teaspoon of honey and take it twice per day to help the memory and to improve amnesia.
- Sage this herb acts on the brain's cortex, improving the concentration. Sage herbal tea can be taken on a regular basis to improve the memory. One caution with sage, however. If the person intending to take sage is a nursing mother, this tea will cause the milk production to stop.
Amnesia Herbal Remedies Top